Supporting Volunteer Leaders, Strengthing our Community
Kentuckiana Association for Volunteer Adminstration (KAVA) exists to promote professional standards of excellence in the field of volunteer administration by offering education, training and networking opportunities to local volunteer administrators.
KAVA began over 30 years ago when a small group of volunteer administrators in the Louisville area decided to meet regularly to exchange ideas and share resources. Since that time, the group has grown into a fully functioning 501c3 nonprofit with a rotating board of directors.
Monthly All Member Meetings:
- Relevant and engaging speakers and panel discussion with experts in the field
- Opportunity to network with and learn from other peers in the volunteer administration field
- Regular member presentations to allow members to promote the work of their agency (this includes you!)
Other Member Benefits:
- Scholarships to work toward Certified Volunteer Administrator (CVA) certification.
- Opportunity to apply for individual subsidies for relevant trainings and conferences.
- KAVA maintains a partner membership with the Center for Non-Profit Excellence that allows KAVA members to obtain access to their library resource and reduced fees at CNPE workshops, online seminars and lectures.
- Regular notice of events and training in the Kentuckiana region.