Supporting Volunteer Leaders, Strengthing our Community
Who is KAVA?
Over 30 years ago a group of Volunteer Administrators in the Louisville area got together to exchange ideas and share resources and KAVA was born. KAVA is the local resource for the Volunteer Administrator to network, get basic or advanced training, have access to mentor and the support of others who share common goals and challenges.
Your membership includes meetings that offer:
- A relevant guest speaker or panel discussion
- Occasional webinars (as available, often with subsidized fees)
- Opportunity to network with and learn from your peers' experience
- A forum to present what is going on in your agency
- Information about various other agencies
Other Educational Opportunities:
- KAVA maintains a partner membership with the Center for Non-Profit Excellence that allows KAVA members free or greatly reduced fees at CNPE workshops, online seminars, lectures and access to their library resources.
- Scholarships to work toward the achievement of a Certification in the field of Volunteer Administration.
- Opportunity to apply for subsidies for other relevant conferences
- Occasional KAVA conference for more concentrated learning
- Notice of events and training through Metro United Way and others